Tappx collects information when:
Information shared by you in the register process would be used to the following purposes:
- manage the relationships between TAPPX and you;
- to access and use our Services;
- manage administrative, billing aspects
- fraud control,
- share updates and news related to Tappx’s activities and Services.
When Tappx sending you newsletters you will have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
You may exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition to the processing of your personal data by sending a written communication to, attaching a copy of his ID or document proving his / her identity.
Third party service providers could access to these data on behalf of Tappx for the provision of the contracted services. Tappx has signed the corresponding service provision agreement with these providers stating that they can only handle the data according to Tappx’s instructions and applying the legally established security measures
3. Provided by End Users giving the prescriptive consent.
Tappx’ s Services consist in connecting Publishers inventory with Advertisers or agents buying this inventory on their behalf with the final aim of placing digital advertisements (“Tappx Services”).
For the purpose of performing Tappx Services, Tappx needs to collect minimum data from End Users. In the normal course of business, Tappx shall not receive any directly identifiable Personal Data. “Personal Data” means any information that can help to identify a natural person, or relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
In order to perform its Services, Tappx will use its tracking and tagging technology on the Inventory. This technology allows Tappx to collect End User basic information, like:
What information Tappx will collect
- Device and app information– this category includes your device’s type and model, system language, the device’s operating system (such as Android or iOS), SDK version, mobile carrier name, mobile browsers installed on the device (such as Chrome or Safari, your device’s IP address, and identifiers assigned to your device, such as its iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or other types of unique device identifiers (a number uniquely allocated to your device by your device manufacturer).
- Ad information– this category includes information about the online ads and personalized content we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, whether you viewed, clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad, ad engagement history and whether you visited the Advertiser’s website, downloaded an app or purchased the product or service advertised.
- Location information– Tappx collects information about your general location (such as country). For example, we may use the IP address to identify your general location. This information does not tell us where your device is precisely located. This information is sent as a normal part of internet traffic. In addition, we also collect implicit location information, which allows us to infer that you are either interested in a place or that you might be at the place – this information does not actually tell us where your device is precisely located.
In addition, Tappx may collect the precise location of your device (using GPS signals, device sensors, Wi-Fi access points, Bluetooth signals, Beacons signals and cell tower ids that can be used to derive or estimate precise location, or other geo-location data), when location services have been enabled by the end user for the mobile app or website that uses our SDK (you typically have to choose to turn on device-based location services).
- Log information– this category includes the app or website visited, time zone, and network connection type (e.g., WiFi, cellular).
- Information from advertising partners (“Advertisers”) and other third parties– this category includes information we receive from our Publishers, Advertisers and other Partners that we work with to help us deliver ads and personalized content to you and recognize you across browsers and devices. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers that some Advertisers or other third party ad platforms choose to share with us. This information is also used to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device.
- Demographic Information – this category includes information like gender, age, marital status, year of birth.
Referred Collectively “Ad Data”
Tappx Role when processing Ad Data
Depending on the way Tappx will collect Ad Data Tappx will operate as a Independent Data Controller or just a pure Processor following Publisher’s instructions and directions, not having in any case direct relationship with the End Users whose information Tappx will process. “Data Controller” means an entity that determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data. Processor” means an entity that processes Personal Data on behalf of a Data Controller.
In any case, Tappx will process Personal Data only on the legal grounds allowed under EU Data Protection Laws including General Data Protection Regulation (Contractual Necessity, Legitimate Interest and Consent).
Permitted uses of Ad Data
- Serving ads and promoting apps– allowing Publishers to promote advertising, apps and content in their mobile apps or web display, and to allow Advertisers to bid on Publishers’ inventory.
- Serve interest-based advertising and personalized content– enable our partners to infer interests and serve ads and personalized content to users based on their behavior, app activity and inferred interests. We will not serve interest-based ads or personalized content based on information that we consider sensitive, such as race, religion or health. An End User is not under any obligation to provide us with any Personal Data. In cases, where an End User is from EEA, we serve them interest-based advertisements, only when they have given us their express consent to use their Personal Data to enable us to serve interest based ads directed to them. Even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising or have not given your express consent to interest-based advertising, you will still receive ‘generic’ ads from Tappx which are context based or better known as ‘contextual advertising’. EEA means, the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and Switzerland
- Ad reporting and conversions– measure ad performance, report to Advertisers or Demand Partners when and how users have viewed or clicked on their ads, or visited their website, and to report to Publishers when and how ads were shown on their properties and were clicked on.
- Analytics and frequency capping– allow our Publishers to analyze their applications (for this purpose, we use aggregated and anonymous benchmark data) and prevent users from seeing the same ad too many times. We also use usage information to analyze our web traffic, to figure out how often customers use parts of the site, to improve the site and generally to make it appealing to as many users as possible.
- Fraud detection and prevention– identify invalid or incentivized clicks (or ad queries) and protect Tappx and our partners from fraudulent behavior.
- Enforce our policies, resolve disputes and communicate with you.
- Providing and improving our services– audit, research and analyze information in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services and develop new services, and to ensure that our technologies function properly.
Collectively, “Permitted Purposes”
We share information about you with:
- A Publisher whose app you have accessed to– we share information about how you have interacted with that Publisher’s app and its ads and personalized content, if any tailored ad.
- An Advertiser or Demand Partners whose site or app you have visited– we share information about how you have interacted with that Advertiser’s site, app or its ads.
- With our service providers– we contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations (for example, storage of information, fraud control and monitoring). We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- In connection with legal proceedings– when we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Tappx, our Partners or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business– if a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
- In addition, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information with other third parties. This information cannot be used to identify you.
Ways to Collect Information
Tappx have developed different technological tracking tools to collect information from End User device, such as:
- Our SDK – the SDK is a bit of computer code that app developers (such as our Publishers) can include in their apps to enable ads and personalized content to be shown, data to be collected, and related services to be implemented.
- Directly from the Publisher through Server to Server (S2S) or Video Vast Tags etc.
Access to Ad Data through Tappx SDK. Tappx implemented a Consent Management Platform in our own SDK that allow to read and transmit information about which vendors and which purposes an end user has consented to with vendors.
Tappx will follow IAB standards and Consent Management Platform compliant with IAB requirements, in our own SDK in order to allow Tappx to read and transmit information about which purposes the end user has consented.
Online Behavioral Advertising:
We use third parties who collect data about their apps’ and sites’ visitors through their own cookies, web beacons, and other technologies regarding your online activities, in an effort to understand your interests and deliver you advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
These third parties include Publishers, Advertisers and ad networks that may collect information about when you view or interact with one of their advertisements and may collect information regarding your online activities over time and across different apps and websites.
Like most Advertisers, we place advertisements where we think they will be most relevant to the recipient. When an End User visits a third-party website or app on which that network advertising company has purchased ad space, the advertising company can then recognize the individual’s interest and deliver one of our advertisements.
End User choice and Opt-Out.
Ads delivered through Tappx SDK will allow End Users to out-put with a mechanism that permits End Users to set their preferences.
End Users in the EEA can withdraw their consent given to Tappx to collect and process data to optimize interest-based ads, either by revoking such consent on the page or app where they have found reference to Tappx as a partner or by writing to indicating on it their Google Advertising ID (android) or IDFA (ios). Without this technical information we cannot find the user and therefore comply with your revocation request.
If you do not consent to the treatment of your data, the advertisements you will see will be less adjusted to your interests.
Information Retention and Access to Information
We may retain personally identifiable information we process on behalf of our Clients for a period of up to twelve (12) months unless otherwise required by law or applicable contract. After the period, Tappx may retain and use such data in an aggregated format, as necessary for internal analytical purposes, to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce agreements. We may adopt shorter retention periods if so directed by our Clients.
Please note that in most of the cases we have no direct relationship with the End Users. An End User who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate information should direct his query to the relevant Publisher. If an End User requests us to remove any personally identifiable information relating to him or her, we will respond to their request within a reasonable timeframe.
Tappx has implemented reasonable security measures in order to protect your information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to information will not occur; we make good faith efforts to prevent such occurrences. We do not warrant or represent that your account or any of your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
- by transferring your personal information to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission;
- by using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give your personal information the same protection it has within the EEA including to US;
where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Tappx does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information (including persistent device identifiers) relating to children under the age of 13. In addition, we require our Publishers to certify to us that their services (such as their mobile apps) are not primarily directed to appeal to children under the age of 13, and to avoid sharing with us any personally identifiable information relating to children under the age of 13.
Please note that while we strive hard to ensure that our policies are respected, we cannot be held responsible for the practices of our Publishers. Our publishers are responsible to ensure that their privacy practices comply with applicable privacy laws and requirements.
If you have knowledge of any incident in which we may be collecting personally identifiable information relating to children under the age of 13, or that our SDK is included in any service (such as a mobile app) that is directed to or aimed to appeal to audience under the age of 13, please let us know immediately by contacting us at:, and we will remove their personally identifiable information from our servers without delay.
The following section will only apply, if You are a Data Subject as defined under General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and also to the extent that Tappx is in receipt of any Personal Data, as defined in Article 9 of the GDPR, originating in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, and Switzerland.
The Rights of Data Subjects under GDPR:
i. Right of access: Where Tappx hold personal information about you, you can ask us for access to this personal information, to correct or update any inaccurate personal information we hold, to stop sending you ads or to stop using your personal information altogether. For this purpose, it is necessary to indicate your Google Advertising ID (android) or IDFA (ios) in order to be effectively located.
ii. Right to rectification: You have the right to require Tappx to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal information we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us;
iii. Right to restriction: You can restrict Tappx’s processing of your personal information where:
- you think we hold inaccurate personal information about you;
- our handling of your personal information breaks the law, but you do not want us to delete it;
- Tappx no longer needs to process your personal information, but you want us to keep it for legal reasons; or
- where we are handling your personal information because we have a legitimate interest, as described above, and are in the process of objecting to this use of your personal information.
Where you exercise your right to restrict Tappx from using your personal information, we will then only process your personal information when you agree, except for storage/archival purposes and to handle billing and legal claims.
Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, standard machine-readable format and to send this to another organization controlling your personal information. This right only applies to your personal information we are handling because you consented to us using it or because there is a contract in place between us.
iv. Right to erasure: You have the right to require Tappx to erase your personal information which we are handling in the following circumstances (anonymization would satisfy erasure):
- where we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it for;
- where we needed your consent to use your personal information, you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other lawful way we can continue to use your personal information;
- when you object to our use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling it;
- if our handling of your personal information is in violation of applicable law; and
- when we must erase your personal information to comply with a law we are subject to.
v. Right to complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority.
Changes to Our Privacy Practices
Have Any Questions or Comments?
Privacy information specific to California consumers.
What information does Tappx collect?
For what purposes does Tappx process personal information?
To which categories of third parties does Tappx disclose your information?
In addition, the Apps or websites you interact with may share with Tappx identifiers such as cookies and the advertising ID associated with your mobile device to display ads targeted to your interests. If you do not want to participate in these “sales”, you should follow the instructions in the “Do not sell my information” section below.
“Do not sell my information” option.
End-users can opt-out of “selling” their personal information to Tappx, through a mechanism that allows you to adjust your preferences on the very page or app where you have found reference to Tappx as a partner or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your Google Advertising ID (android) or IDFA (ios).
Without this technical information we cannot locate you and therefore comply with your request for exclusion.
In the case of excluding the processing of your data for this purpose, you may still see advertisements, but these will, if necessary, be less adjusted to your interests.
You may also appoint an authorised agent to exercise these rights on your behalf.
Your Rights as California Consumer.
As a California consumer, you have the right to request access to personal information that we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
You may also request additional details about our privacy practices, including information about
- the sources of personal information,
- the commercial or business purpose for collecting or selling your personal information,
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information and/or those with whom we have shared your information in the previous 12 months,
- the categories of personal information that we have disclosed and sold about you in the previous 12 months
This request is limited to two times in a 12-month period.
If you are a California consumer, you also have the right to request the deletion of your personal information in certain circumstances, to opt out of sales of personal information (as noted above) and to receive the same service and price, and to be free from discrimination, even if you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.
Please note that your request must include sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we have collected personal information.
Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information that are downloaded in your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are sent back to the original website at each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes them. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize the user”s device. Cookies can perform different functions such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving user navigation.
As for the types of cookies, these are classified according to the entity that manages them. Thus, we have our own cookies and those owned by third parties, according to the term that remain activated (session or persistent), according to its purpose (technical, personalization, analysis, advertising and behavioral advertising).
We inform you about the types of cookies contained in this website and its purpose:
|NAME||TECHNIC AL NAME||PURPOSE||INFORMATION ON COLLECTED||PERMANENCE TERM||ENTITY WHO MANAGES (OWN OR THIRD PARTY)|
|Google Analytics||_ga||Analysis||User identificator||Persistents (2 years)||Google Analytics|
|Google Analytics||_gat||Limitate the number of requests made doubleclick.net||None||Persistents (10 minutes)||Google Analytics|
|This cookie is set by Mixpanel for analyzing traffic, and in particular how users reached the plataform||User identificator
|SESION PHP||_PHPSESSID||Identification||Session Id||Persistents(1 week)||Tappcelerator|
|Configuracion Report||tappx_report_dateoption||Configuration||Lastconfiguration||Persistents (1 month)||Tappcelerator|
TAPPX uses Google Analytics cookies, which configuration is predetermined by the service offered by Google. We suggest you to consult the Google Analytics privacy page https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245 for more information about the cookies you use and how to disable them (we understand that TAPPX is not responsible for the content or veracity of third-party websites).
The user can freely decide on the implantation or not in his hard disk of our cookies as well as his elimination, following the procedure established in the help section of his navigator. The user can also configure their browser to accept or reject by default all cookies or to receive an on-screen warning of the reception of each cookie and decide at that time whether to implement or not on its hard drive.
Links to device manufacturers and browsers for the management or deactivation of cookies in your browser:
For Internet Explorer:
For Windows Phone:
In the event that the user sets his browser to reject all cookies or expressly our cookies, that may suppose the unavailability to access to some of the services provided in this website and that the experience in it may be less satisfactory.